Dear HA Families,
Our school, much like our City, was quiet today after what was a challenging but strong week:
- School attendance was 90%, which was a perfect demonstration of your commitment to learning and respect for the prevention measures we were taking.
- Teachers were amazing in modelling our school creed and driving a joyful, productive school culture.
- Students were NOT shaking hands but were otherwise striving for academic growth and contributing in alignment with our four pillars: initiative, integrity, compassion, and determination.
- Many of our young alumni were back on campus volunteering as mentors and role models.
- With two more added just yesterday, half our alums from the Harlem Academy Class of 2016 have earned early acceptance to college with strong financial aid, including American, Carnegie Mellon, Drexel, George Washington, Tufts, Wesleyan, and Yale!
I thought you, as current attending families, would appreciate this news about how the HA students who came before your children our continuing to thrive.
It's too early to predict how things will shake out with classes as we move into the new trimester but as shared yesterday, we will continue to keep 1) safety, 2) mission, and 3) communication with you at the forefront of our planning and decision making.
Thanks again for your thoughtfulness and support during these challenging days.