Harlem Academy seeks out parents for ideas and feedback about everything, from curriculum to school colors. They really have a partnership with parents and keep open lines of communication with them. They go way beyond what a school should do.”
Day of Ride
Plan to Bring
- A properly fitting helmet - participants are required to wear their helmets at all times while riding
- A water bottle
- Cycling gloves
- Sun screen
- Spare tube, CO2 or pump, and tire levers
- A towel - showers available for use after ride
- A change of clothes for after the ride
- Friends and family to join you at the party
What the Riders Get
- 2013 Climb Jersey
- Harlem Academy water bottle
- Party that includes barbecue, drinks, sports massage, and DJ
- Please arrive at the GCDS parking lot 30 minutes before you plan to head off on your bicycle so you can register, change into your new jersey, make sure your bike is working, and most importantly, so the people you want to cycle with don't leave you behind.
- 100 km ride will leave GCDS at 8:30 a.m. and 50 km ride will leave GCDS at 9:30 a.m.
- Breakfast will be provided by Caffe Bon at registration for those who would like it, and high energy snacks will be supplied along the way.
- All riders must check in at the rest stops indicated on their cue sheets.
- All riders must wear their Climb jerseys to identify themselves as participants and help keep the riding groups together. Anyone not in their official jersey won't be served at the rest stops. Restrooms at GCDS will be available for changing clothes.
- Please bring a backpack or duffel bag with a change of clothes, towel, and personal items that you will need at the end of the ride.
THERE IS NO RAIN DATE.
The Climb will be held rain or shine.
- Model Programs
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Student Life
- Health & Wellness
- Secondary School Placement
- News & Publications
- Efficiency Data
- Ways to Give
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Founders' Circle
- Donors FY 2012 - 2013
- Financial and Privacy Information
- Corporate Partners
- The Climb
- French Consulate Celebration
- Spring Benefit
- Other Events